Jeffrey S. Newman
Direct line: 603-369-4526
An experienced attorney at Loginov & Associates, Jeff Newman manages a variety of intellectual property (IP) portfolios at the firm, including copyright, trademark, design and entertainment IP. His accomplishments as a visual artist and writer contribute to his effectiveness in artist representation for some of the firm’s most creative clients. He is involved in various IP litigation matters, representing clients before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board in trademark infringement matters and before the National Arbitration Forum in domain name disputes. He also manages the creation of technology transfer, licensing and development agreements, and conducts IP due diligence projects.
Jeff regularly presents on trademarks, copyrights and general IP law before business groups and on local television and radio. In his presentations, he draws from his years of experience representing clients in a broad variety of interrelated IP legal matters. He is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association and is accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs as a claims representative.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeff practiced in business and banking litigation. He was a social studies teacher at a boarding school in New York and is a former Captain in the Army Reserves. Jeff received his A.B. from Dartmouth College with a major in Government and his J.D. from Vermont Law School.
- Vermont Law School, J.D., 1990
- Dartmouth College, A.B., 1984
- Government with significant coursework in Visual Studies
- Editor, Jack O’Lantern Humor Magazine
- Pennsylvania (1991)
- Department of Veterans Affairs (2010)
- Contributing writer for Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network newsletter
- Patent Illustrator and Design Consultant
- Jeff has substantial experience in the conception and preparation of formal illustrations for both design and utility applications. He has also worked extensively as a graphic designer.
- Captain, Infantry, United States Army Reserve
- Service in the Army National Guards of Vermont, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Army Commendation Medal