William A. Loginov
Contact number: 603-336-3026
With more than 25 years of experience as a registered patent attorney, Bill specializes in the laws and processes for securing world-wide patent protection in a number of technical fields, including the mechanical arts, medical devices, materials, electro-mechanical systems, electronics, computer software, machine vision, and image processing. He has represented clients before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in the preparation and prosecution of thousands of patents and assists his clients regularly in the performance of IP due diligence studies, patent infringement analyses, and rendering patentability opinions.
Bill often shares his patent expertise through interviews with regional media outlets. He has also authored numerous articles and co-authored three books on the intricacies of the ever-changing U.S. patent laws. He is a frequent contributor to Dartmouth’s EntrepreNEWS, and often appears as a guest lecturer at Dartmouth, as well as Boston University, Rhode Island School of Design, and UNH School of Law.
Bill has substantial experience in the enforcement of patent rights, and works closely with a number of U.S. and international patent litigation attorneys. He also advises and represents clients in the securing and enforcement of trademarks, trade secrets, and in the licensing of intellectual property.
Before starting his own firm in 2008, Bill served as the head of the patent group at Hinckley, Allen & Snyder and Managing Partner of the Boston IP firm Cesari and McKenna. He received his A.B. from Dartmouth in Engineering and his J.D. from Cornell Law School.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 1988
- Editor of Moot Court Board
- Semifinalist Fall Moot Court Competition, 1986
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 1985
- Honor citation for coursework in computer science
- Leningrad State University, 1983
- Russian Language Summer Program
- Massachusetts (1989)
- New Hampshire (1988)
- District of New Hampshire (1988)
- Admitted before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (1991)
- Hinckley, Allen & Snyder LLP
- Partner and head of Patent Group (2006-2008)
- Cesari and McKenna, LLP
- Partner and Managing Partner (1996-2006)
- Wolf, Greenfield & Sacks, P.C.
- Associate (1989-1996)
- America Invents Act: The Good News and Bad News, New Hampshire Business Review, March 22, 2013
- The Best Practices of Leading IP Lawyers: An Insider Look at Successful Case Strategies, Understanding Client Goals, and Interpreting IP Laws and Trends 2007, Aspatore Thomson-West Books
- Contributing writer: “Developing the Right Strategy for the Client”
- Intellectual Property Law 2008, 2008 Aspatore Thomson-West Books
- Intellectual Property Law 2010, 2010 Thomson Reuters/Aspatore Books
- Contributing writer: “IP Law”
- Contributing writer for Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network newsletter
- America Invents, At Least For Now: An Analysis of The Latest Patent Reform Initiative Before Congress, Spring-Summer 2011, p. 15-17
- The Government’s Three Pronged Assault on Patent Rights, EntrepreNews, Fall 2007, p. 3
- Avoiding an International Incident: The Basics of Foreign Patent Protection, EntrepreNews, Spring 2008, p. 14
- The Right to Remain Silent … When Does a Public Disclosure Cost You Your Patent Rights?, EntrepreNews, Fall 2008, pp. 15-16
- Pitfalls of the Provisional Patenting Process, EntrepreNews, Winter 2008, p. 9
- Business as Usual After Bilski?, EntrepreNews, Fall 2010, p. 17
- Conversant in Russian